Rob Elam /
Energy, tech and sustainability entrepreneur & executive, fly fisher, conservationist. Portland, Oregon and SF, CA.
Rob Elam is an entrepreneur focused on applying innovative business methods toward projects and pioneering companies that embody ideals of sustainability, high quality of life, and healthy communities. Rob is the founder and CEO of Propel Fuels, one of the nation’s largest alternative fuel retailers. He is the lead inventor on several patents in the areas of carbon accounting and behavioral GIS data methods. Rob also serves as the Board Chair of the Native Fish Society; a Portland based wild fish conservation organization.
- Founder and CEO/President of Propel Fuels, one of America's largest alternative fuel retailers. Propel is a consumer focused clean energy company with a mission to radically change the way people think about fueling their vehicles. In 2012 Inc. Magazine named Propel America’s fastest growing fuel brand.
- Founder, Rebright Industries. Rebright Industries delivers innovative products that enhance our social, environmental, and capital resources by recovering value from landfill-bound waste streams.
- Advising: Applied Exergy, Dropcountr, Regenergy365. Partner at EKP Holdings LLC.
- Lead inventor on multiple consumer web, carbon accounting & energy software patents, including:
- Established innovative public/private collaborations, including youth green jobs training
- Energy policy wonk, working with elected officials and agency staff on strategy and policy. Funding partners include DOE, USDA, CEC, ARB. Established nation's largest public fleet alt-fuels program including National Guard, USPS, CalDGS, CHP, and CalTrans
- Developed Propel's fuel kiosks earning multiple architecture and design awards, including AIA recognition for green-build and architectural excellence.
- Resume & professional background at LinkedIn.
Rivers, conservation & flyfishing